So now we live in the digital era. All around us there are smart devices – phones, tablets, TVs and many more. According to the latest researches 90% of the americans have cell phone, 58% have smartphone or/and some kind of smart device. There’s no reason why you shouldn’t create your own application (or just app) for your special event. As an event organizer there are many advantages of doing that and here are some bullet proof reasons why:
- You can interact in real time with the audience – Not far ago there was only e-mail to engage. Now you have push notifications. No matter before, during or past the event. You have real time option for poking your audience. You can just remind your attendees for the event a day before, the types of transport to the venue, or just to wellcome them because are now at your event. Plus attendees can update the app if there are some changes in the venue, lecteurs or other stuff that you can’t change on printed materials .
- There is no need for print materials – You save trees, inc, human hours and mostly you cut costs for bag full of paper witch goes in the camp fire.
- They are easy to use – Now days even the kids can operate with tablets or smartphones. We call them “Device native” and that’s a trend. Attendees can look up the agenda, can be routed to the venue, can connect with the speakers trough social media and etc.
- Special display for your sponsors – It can be implemented in the app like special branding. You can ask your sponsors for more funds because they will be in your attendees pockets.
- With the new NFC technologies you can embrace the power of social networks – Now your attendees can brag about the event easily mixed with a lot of fun. Imagine that wearables are implemented. You can give a prize for the one who walk around all the facility or those who were stick in one place.
- You can engage the users after the event – They can take surveys, rate speakers, rate sponsors, give feedback, be creative for the next event and so on.
- You can track, track, track – You can track engage, experience, volume and all the other staff regarding ROI.
- Make money – In app purchases can be used for ticket selling, for merchandise, for follow up and so on. It’s simple, and when you have your customers data it’s even easy to sell the right thing.
- Think about those who can’t be on the venue, but still want to participate and give you money – Yes you can provide audio and video stream. And it can be displayed on the mobile device. That way the limit of time and place can be overcome.
Photo credits: Power Vote
Posted in: Web development